Her effervescent voice has the power to enchant hearts and twitch senses. Ruling the masses as well as classes with her timeless voice, Asha Bhosle has become a synonym of music since last 70 years. She is the one living legend, who holds a Guineas Book of World Record as the most recorded singer ever in the history of World Music, who has sung the highest numbers of solos, duets and chorus songs in over 20 Indian languages since 1947.
Zee Classic with its initiative ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’ celebrates the melody queen’s 84th birthday with an indelible concert called ‘Timeless Asha’ on Friday, 8th September at 7 PM. It’s a brilliant tribute to Asha Bhosle by an array of young performers from the Bollywood Film fraternity along with some popular musicians, vocalists and artists that will grace the show. An epitome of finesse and flamboyance, Asha Bhosle is exemplar of producing the kind of work that includes Hindi and regional film songs, pop music, ghazals, Indian classical and semi-classical music, folk songs, kawwalis and Rabindra Sangeet.
- Choreographer and dancer Terrance Lewis along with the stunning actress Radhika Apte will bring out the romantic in one and all with their sizzling couple dance performance. Radhika Apte is going to steal the show with her contemporary dance moves and an all red avatar.
- Asha Ji had delivered the best of the unique and sensuous mujras with her expertise in Bollywood music. Her nazakat and adaayein will be translated beautifully in the moves of the gorgeous Mahi Vij, the famous T.V. actress.
- Urmila Matondkar will set the stage on fire with her refreshing comeback with a dance performance on a Ganesh Aarti sung by Asha ji. Lauren Gottlieb, a dancer of that mettle of ABCD fame will stun the audiences with her scintillating moves and shakes on Asha Tai’s tunes. Slow motion dancers – Raghav and Pronita along with the revamped svelte Bhumi Pednekar and renowned dancer Shakti Mohan will also be delivering spectacular performances.
- The new kids on the block, the versatile Monali Thakur and Antara Mitra who claim themselves the biggest fan of Asha ji, and have grown up listening to her immortal songs, will be paying her homage through their performances on ‘Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko’, ‘Oh mere sona re’, ‘Do lafzon ki hai dil ki kahani’, and many more…
- The show would be graced by music maestros, Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia and eminent singers such as, Kumar Sanu, Shaan, Udit Narayan Alka Yagnik, Amit Kumar and many more along with noteworthy actors and actresses of yesteryears like Dimple Kapadia, Zeenat Aman, Helen, Tabu, Bindu, Jaya Prada, Moushumi Chatterjee, Leena Chandavarkar, etc. Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament, Mr. Sharad Pawar with his wife, Pratibha Pawar. will also be a part of the star-studded show.
So Symphonites, what are you waiting for? Tune into Zee Classic on 8th September, Friday, 7 pm and join the 84th birthday celebrations of one of the greatest artists ever, Asha Bhosle with Timeless Asha.